Lamp Design Contest. True story.
Motto: “Just remember, the night has come, turn on the light, the light inside and start reading yourself with the lamp alight!”
Lightening forms made from manual paper, for the interior, used during the night-time. They will be in their ideal use while kept alight during one’s reading.
Alternative solutions, other than bending, cutting and pasting are encouraged and favoured.
The thought you have to keep in mind, when you start rendering this design in your head is: “Just remember, the night has come, turn on the light, the light inside and start reading yourself with the lamp alight!”
Innovation is key in this context, the innovation applied to manual moulding paper, in order to make them a sustainable product. This innovative design has to be provided with ingenious technical solutions, in order to be reproduced in a limited series.
We will asses your work pursuing the following criteria:
– Innovation – Adapting the manual paper properties to the construction of the object.
– Technical solutions – The efficient use of the materials. Solutions for natural fireproofing of paper. Proposing a proper bulb and socket according to the needs of the paper heating conditions and light colour variation. (Neutral light is preferred).
– The use of other materials (other than paper) have to be minimal and they have to be in accordance with the paper.
– Aesthetics – An appropriate thinking of the proportions according to nature’s laws.
– Proper Framing – The adaptation for form, function and proportion to the environment.
– Concept – Has to be according to the innovation and aesthetics points and inspired by a natural source that manifests a biological rhythm (day/night, ascent/descent, static / movement).
**For any questions and details about the concept of the contest, terms and regulations or any other relevant information please contact us email@example.com.